I have the privilege of helping find and sell homes throughout Northern Virginia tailored to active adults who are sizing down, including retirees and others looking for less of a home to maintain, easy access to fitness facilities and/or close proximity to their grandchildren.
Here I provide my take on communities I’ve had direct involvement with, either by finding or selling a home there, or just researching them for clients moving to the area.
The map at left captures the communities I visited and/or sold homes in.
One of the more popular so-called 55+ communities I’ve logged lots of experience with is Potomac Green in Ashburn. From a recent open house I held for a client there, I met several couples and gentlemen who want all the benefits I mentioned above. Here is what sets Potomac Green apart:
- Floor plans that accommodate “great room” living connecting kitchen, dining and TV viewing / family room activities along with one or two-car garages.
- Easy access to the increasingly popular “One Loudoun” town center with eateries, an IMAX movie theater and other services just outside the gate and around the corner.
- Plenty of meeting rooms for club-styled activities.
- A large fitness center accompanied by indoor and outdoor swimming pools.
- Tennis and bocce ball courts.
The types of homes include singles, “villas” that are attached in groups of two or four and condominiums in high rise buildings equipped with underground parking and elevators.
If you’re looking for a villa in Potomac Green that is tastefully updated and backs into a wooded area, check this one out at 20570 Rosewood Manor Square.