UPDATE: Please join me at a scheduled open house of this wonderful home Sunday, October 25, 2015 from 1 - 4p.
Let’s imagine you aspire to buy a charming Queen-Anne Victorian country home away from suburban sprawl but still relatively close to modern amenities, not to mention a MARC train and two other states. Well one of my newest listings may be for you.
Try 11670 Garnet Road in Lovettsville, Virginia on for size. Only 12 years old, nicely landscaped with an end-load, 2-car garage, THREE porches, a pergola and full walkout lower level.
Inside on the main level you’ll find 2" x 6" construction, all red-oak trim and flooring with an 8-inch base. There are 10-foot ceilings on the main level, 9-foot ceilings upstairs and large windows throughout. The gourmet kitchen is full of built-in, 42-inch, cabinets – all custom oak – along with granite counter tops and gas cooking.
Upstairs you’ll find you don’t want to live without the red-oak flooring and more of its huge windows. There are four bedrooms and three full baths. All totaled, this beauty has about 3,600 square feet. Need extra space for storing outdoor stuff? This property has got you covered with an outdoor shed.
Check out these features, below. See 40+ photos here.
- 2’ x 6’ exterior wall construction
- Fiber cement siding
- 2-zone heating and AC
- Water heater new in Dec. 2014
- One new AC unit in May 2015
- New garage door opener, April 2015
- Water softener installed Aug. 2004; iron filter upgraded Sept. 2011
- Well pump replaced June 2007
- New chimney damper installed Nov. 2010
- Rumford fireplace
- Networked telephone, TV and Ethernet cabling throughout operated from a central wiring panel
- Automatic propane-powered generator installed Nov. 2004
- A pergola on far left side of home and 3 porches: front, kitchen and lower level
- Shed installed Sept. 2004
- Hardscaped walkway and walls with extensive landscaping on all sides of home
- Red oak hardwood floors on main level except in-lay of carpet in family room; upper level except two bedrooms that share a full bath
- 10’ ceilings on first floor; 9’ ceilings on second floor
- Extra tall cabinets in kitchen with display cases
- Granite counter tops
- Custom red oak office with built-in desks, cabinets and adjustable shelves
- Custom red oak media center and custom in-wall surround sound speakers in family room
- 8” baseboards with red oak and all interior trim on main and upper levels
- rough-ins for basement bathroom and for a wet bar in rec room
- all doors knobs and registers on main level are antiques